Exercise Tip of the Week.
Different Ways to use Battle Ropes:
The battle ropes are a versatile piece of equipment that could be used to achieve several different results. There are three main ways that we will go over today.
The Standard method for using battle ropes:
- Bring battle ropes to full extension and get out any knots that may have formed in the ropes before starting.
- Get into an athletic position with shoulders retracted and knees bent.
- Pick ropes up and pull them tight from the wall
- Swing ropes up and down in an opposite pattern from hip height to shoulder height and repeat for a given amount of time
- Change the way you swing the ropes by swinging them in a circular pattern away from the body to engage more stabilizers in the rotator cuff as well as the upper and mid back.
- Grip battle ropes at half-way down the length of the rope.
- Pull all of the slack out the ropes and keep the half of the rope in front of you completely off of the ground.
- Swinging up and down in a much smaller plane from about belly button to nipple.
- The change here will be the muscles holding load, they will change from shoulder dominant to bicep and forearm dominant.